Gibson Brands Forums

Neck Shaving

deepblue

Sure but you are probably not able to play your guitar at your best and you know that.

You are comparing a placebo-effect, neglegible change in tone (that may be for the better by the way) versus the true mechanical improvement of your playing technique on this particular guitar which I am 100% would be noticeable.

By the way, check out the guy that did it to his R8 on MLP in the Customizing section of the forum.

I think about things way too much. I should just do it. But, this is a guitar that cost me alot of money and if I get it back and it sounds different ill be very upset with myself. Part of me would still like to do it, but something in my head is saying leave it alone. I can still play it as well as I play my Charvel, but it takes more effort. Charvels have shredders necks so its not surprising.

What I am going to do is change the colour and the nitro finish. I want old school nitro with no plastics and I want to get the Peter Green look. I just love the look of the lemon drop. Id get the Grover tuners too if they didnt leave the screw holes visable! lol

As always, I have appreciated your input fellas.

I know my guitars tone as it is right now. If I alter the wood it will change. ... Barbara Streisand/ Celine Dionne....amazing singers....correct? ... Their voices are their life, and they wont risk it for anything.

Are you saying Celine Dionne and Barbara Streisand shave their necks?

Well, there's a lot of places you can shave, and they probably do all of them. B)

On the Acoustic Guitar Forum people do sand their necks as a natural thing. I raised the topic here and the local forumers were alarmed : "Don't do it", "wait and see", "it'll steal the tone", "crazy". . . I tried a little yesterday and wouldn't be afraid to move a bit further.

Archived