Gibson Brands Forums

Oh for Peet's sake.

TommyK

So I'm in the market for new athletic shoes. I'm rather picky as I know good arch supports make the whole day go much better. I'm partial to the ones with the "N" on the side.

When I got married I wore 10 1/2 - 11 US sized shoes. I've worn this size for nearly 30 years. Whilst trying on my selection of a size 11, I noticed they were uncomfortably short. [scared] "Hmmmm," I thought,"must have been a bad day at the elf factory what makes the shoes." I tried another style. Nope, 11's too short. I tried another brand, still too short. I re-checked my current athletic shoes, "11" said the tongue label. [huh]

I settled on the fact that my current size is now 12. How can this happen? Does one's feet get bigger after you hit 50? Have they moved the shoe sizes?

I suspect this could be the case, BUT I have a sneaking suspicion that some manufacturers change the size on the label to sell to kids who are proud of growing into "bigger" sneakers. I wonder, if you took that new pair of 12's and measured them up to your old pairs would there be a size difference? Or is this just a case of an American "small" t-shirt actually being like a european large.

Hmm..

I compared the distance between This-little-piggy-what-went-to-market and the end of the shoe with my current New Balance size US 11, with the new in the box New Balance (same model). The my old 11 and the new 12s were the same length.

I compared the distance between This-little-piggy-what-went-to-market and the end of the shoe with my current New Balance size US 11, with the new in the box New Balance (same model). The my old 11 and the new 12s were the same length.

Saucony makes a hell of a good shoe.

comfy, wear mine a lot, and they hold up.

Cause I tear shoes up.

TommyK are you saying I was right about the sizing?

I think so. It would seem, given the evidence, the shoe industry has upsized every one by 1 US shoe size. I guess now us guys can brag about having a bigger foot... and you know what the wimmens say about a man with big feet. [scared]

Archived