Gibson Brands Forums

Question on new ES-339

eokratz

I just bought a "brand new" Gibson ES-339. It had no paperwork with it, with the exception of the COA. It had no Gibson picks, no instrument cord, no manuals. I ordered a 30/60 neck, but have no way of even knowing that that's what I got. There wasn't even a sticker or tag on the guitar. I'm wondering if I got a floor model or something. Does anyone know what is supposed to come with this guitar. I did get the custom case, and there was a tag attached to the handle that said the COA is inside the pocket.

Thanks,

Mine came right out of the box sort of... still had the cover on the pic guard there wasn't much with it either.. key for the case, truss rod wrench, COA...no manual no cord no picks ...lol mine has a 30/60 neck profile flatter feel to it... the fifties neck has a fuller feel to it fills your hand you can definitely tell the difference between the two

Mine came right out of the box sort of... still had the cover on the pic guard there wasn't much with it either.. key for the case, truss rod wrench, COA...no manual no cord no picks ...lol mine has a 30/60 neck profile flatter feel to it the fifties neck has a fuller feel to it fills your hand you can definately tell the difference between the two

Yeah, It's alot like the neck on my SG, so I'm sure it's the 30/60, but it just didn't make sense that they wouldn't include some documentation on it. Thanks for the reply. The guitar looks new..I'm just a little curious. It plays nice though, and I really like the look. I love going through doc when I get anything new, and I like having proof that it's brand new.

Should have a manual, warranty info, and maybe some adjustment literature.

As long as the COA matches...that is the big thing.

Understood about the manual - love all that stuff too! You can download a Gibson Custom user manual, I always print them out and bind them so I have something to read - w/o bothering with those little ones that come with.

• 1 month later...

Archived