Gibson Brands Forums

Earls a comen, I start vacation in the morning.

Steven Tari

During all the past Hurricane's in the past 26 years. I've always been on the A gang. Get enough time to batten down the hatch's at home then ride the Hurricane's out at the yard. Wind, Swells, Things starting to sink, Roof taken off, and all kinds of thing's. But it seem's this year (I start Vacation in the morning) I'm going to miss out on Earl and what ever brothers and Sisters will be stired up in the next two week's. Going to get fuel for my generator in the morning, Hit the liquer store tomorrow, And this year Kick back at the house with my wife, listen to the wind and chill. I was asked about coming in for the Hurricane. [flapper] I was thinking about it/NOT [lol][lol]. Hurricane or not I'm going to enjoy my time off. =D>

Good luck, Have fun, and Be smart. Get out of there before Earl gets to close. Ocracoke Island has allready got the word to evacuate. The roads have a tendency to wash out down there quick. Don't want to hear about a fellow forum person being Pine Boxed because of Earl.

I don't see much prep work being done here in Halifax at the moment. My father runs a hair salon and he's got an appointment for a Wedding Party to get their hair done for their wedding on Saturday, which is exactly when they forecast Earl to make landfall. He told her as long as there was power, and no holes in his home or business, he'd be there to cut their hair.

Still, that blows. It's supposed to be gorgeous weather the day before, and day after though..

I don't see much prep work being done here in Halifax at the moment. My father runs a hair salon and he's got an appointment for a Wedding Party to get their hair done for their wedding on Saturday, which is exactly when they forecast Earl to make landfall. He told her as long as there was power, and no holes in his home or business, he'd be there to cut their hair.

Still, that blows. It's supposed to be gorgeous weather the day before, and day after though..

I hope y'all don't. I own property in Vernon Hill, At the High rock farms area. I'm planning on retireing there. I was hopen that was far enough inland to get away from this. [scared][scared]

Archived