Gibson Brands Forums

The Lounge Family Name Game

WahKeen

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Blacky's the uncle that lets you run around his house and doesn't care if you break things, except for his SG. If you do,

he'll make a Custom SG out of your ribs.... hysterical.gif

joaquin is the older brother that has a high pitched,naggy, but fun voice thats good company to have [thumbup]

joaquin is the older brother that has a high pitched,naggy, but fun voice thats good company to have [thumbup]

I actually have a deep voice, that's why I can't sing worth a dime if the song's too high. I can do a decent J. Cash...

Naggy?.... Come here BOY!!!! brows.gif

I actually have a deep voice, that's why I can't sing worth a dime if the song's too high. I can do a decent J. Cash...

Same here. Waylon Jennings too.

About the only rock I can nail down is Doors stuff, and I don't really care for them.

That's why I play guitar.

[unsure]

Same here. Waylon Jennings too.

About the only rock I can nail down is Doors stuff, and I don't really care for them.

That's why I play guitar.

[unsure]

Funny you say the Doors.. My wife says I sound like Morrison..... I laugh so hard... cryingwithlaughter.gif

Not really violent.

Wife says I'm pretty much the same, but the volume knob gets turned up - and I have a big voice.

Friends say I'm a peace-maker.

If sh!t starts, I somehow wind up in the middle of it. You know how that can end...

Could be across town with people I don't even know, somehow I get involved.

Too old for that crap, I don't heal as fast as I used to.

A bar I used to frequent (my God, nearly 20 years ago!) to watch blues bands was kind of the "Cheers" for my friends.

Knew the owner and staff very well, along with the revolving roster of waitresses.

Since I'm a big guy (and obviously convincing) the owner would always come and grab ME when a problem started.

WTF?

She had a couple "security" guys working for her but they were wormy little punks.

Told her to NEVER get me in between a drunken girl/jealous boyfriend in a lover's tiff.

I actually left a couple times because I saw the storm approaching.

No way I'll do that nowadays with all the political correctness and a new law for everything.

In Arizona, TALKING to somebody is considered assault - seriously.

I ain't going to jail for nobody, and I can't afford to have a felony - game over for my livelihood..

Arizona Revised Stautes

Title 13

13-1203 Assault; classification

A. A person commits assault by:

2. Intentionally placing another person in reasonable apprehension of imminent physical injury;

It's a Class 2 misdemeanor - don't even have to touch them.

Maybe say "Boo!" or something equally scary...

Neo...

Functionally that's pretty typical of state laws across the U.S. There are state-by-state variations, of course, but most consider a verbal threat with the speaker having the means to convert that to physical actions will be considered an assault.

A missed punch ditto.

Again, there are variations state by state. Even within a given state there are some degrees of variation depending on the prosecuting attorneys' offices.

Bottom line is that I'm with you in that if I see some sort of "assault" happening to others, I don't care to get involved. Luckily most barroom brawls around here are pretty incompetent displays of "mixed martial arts." <chortle>

m

If you're as big (and obviously menacing) as I am, then the thing is to claim fear.

Look, I scare children without saying a word - did I assault them?

My wife teaches 1st grade remember, I go help her class now and then.

After the initial trepidation, they all treat me like I'm a tame Grizzly or something.

All smiles and begging for attention...

Back in the adult arena, I've been cautioned twice by the police in the last few years.

Some A$$ HOLE crosses my path and I shut him down by simply telling him to STOP.

He gets scared because he felt "threatened" so he calls the police.

I never uttered a word of a threat, rarely have in my lifetime.

Truth of the matter, he's pissed because somebody called him on his bullsh!t so he seeks revenge.

Call the police and cry like a baby - minus the testosterone you wanted everybody to believe you have.

It's become very common - even in Texas according to my friends.

What were we saying about society going to hell?

New laws and young cops who are sworn to enforce every single one with Super Hero zeal.

Enjoy it young 'uns!

[thumbup]

Oh, tell me about it.

When I was in college, my Dad told me I was lazy.

"You're big so you just shove people around and smack 'em once or twice, gets the job done - right?"

"Um, yeah..."

"You're lazy. You'll never learn to fight because you don't have to. The little guys have to FIGHT."

He was right - as usual.

Back in the day, I used to work as "security/bus person" at Toulouse in 6th Street, Austin. And being a big guy helped but even little guys can be a big problem, since some of them had to learn to fight. I never took a little guy for granted.

Archived