Gibson Brands Forums

Ever heard of a Peavey Penta?

saturn

I just went in a local music store called Jason's Music to browse. They don't usually have much I'm interested in because they are more known as a piano store, but I saw this deal that I thought was pretty good.

I've never heard of a Peavey Penta before. I'm not much into modeling amps either, but this one looked pretty interesting. They can't name the models after the real brands but you can tell they mean Mesa, Fender and Marshal.

Anyway they had the Penta 140W head and 2 412 cabinets AND a Samick guitar all for $1999.00. Way more than I would need, but still I thought that was a great price. But, I didn't try it out so I don't know how it sounds.

Anyone ever heard of these amps?

Don't lump the Penta in with the Gibson Squires.

It's a great head from everything I know about it, and the price is right.

Don't know if it measures up to the Marshalls, but I know a few guys who used them and liked 'em a lot.

My dealer in Phoenix had a few when they came out a coupla years ago, but he couldn't give 'em away.

He told me too that they kicked butt for the money.

If it's made in USA (kinda doubt it) it would be a good alternative to the big name brands.

Even if it's made in China, it's a decent sounding tube head.

Don't lump the Penta in with the Gibson Squires.

It's a great head from everything I know about it, and the price is right.

Don't know if it measures up to the Marshalls, but I know a few guys who used them and liked 'em a lot.

My dealer in Phoenix had a few when they came out a coupla years ago, but he couldn't give 'em away.

He told me too that they kicked butt for the money.

If it's made in USA (kinda doubt it) it would be a good alternative to the big name brands.

Even if it's made in China, it's a decent sounding tube head.

Hey, don't get roostery with me mister. Heck, I didn't even know it was made in China. The Gibson Squires, however, are made at neo's garage, no? :mellow:

Easy there... [woot]

No roosters here, nor are any guitars made here.

I also do not know if they are made in China - speculation only.

Slow down when you're reading, make sure you get the details.

[flapper][smile]

All I know for sure is that the head was well-regarded by a handful of people I spoke with who played the sh!t out of them.

Archived