Gibson Brands Forums

International GUITAR REGISTRY

xJxPx

Hellow Guys

How are you?!?!

I Recently Purchased a Gibson flying V 1968 faded worn cherry and i would like to know where i can register it

Im from Brazil and im living in germany. i bought it here in Germany.

i was trying to register it at gibson usa site but then i saw that theres an international gibson site. but the links doesnt work.

so, any help or links where i could register my V?

PLus... shouldn't i receive a certify of authentic Together with the guitar!??!?

I Just received a users manual(generic one) and an inspection sheet to prove that the instrument was inspected before shipping.

Thank you very much in advance

Q: )

JP

Certificates of authenticity only come with custom shop models and special runs of guitars etc, so you should not have received one with your Gibson.

What comes in the case is most often down to the dealer. Often the stuff like case candy gets taken out of the case, or misplaced at the shop. Quite often in larger shops you don't even get the actual case the guitar was shipped in, but whichever one the shop assistant grabs from the back room first. None of it is important to me personally. I have had many guitars that come with various different papers, case candy etc etc. Most often I have done nothing with it. On the odd occasion I've contacted a maker about the warranty (Fender, Gibson, Martin) I've come to realize that in MOST cases the warranty is pretty much useless. I know that some forum members have had a good result on using their warranty, but most times if you buy a guitar new from a shop and keep the purchase receipt then you're covered just as well as any warranty you get. As for certificates of authenticity . . . I think they are a waste of paper. They are easier to forge than the guitar is and what use are they? None. They will end up in a drawer forgotten about and will not make your guitar look, sound, or feel any better!!!!

So enjoy your guitar and don't worry too much about this stuff.

Do you live in Germany permanently or are you just there for a short while? The warrantee is useless to you if you're just visiting because you would have to take the guitar back to Germany for Gibson to pay for anything. If you ever have any issues with it just take it to a qualified guitar tech or luthier. Honestly, Gibsons are pretty rock solid guitars and as long as you take care of it you shouldn't have any issues.

If you can't get the registration figured out, don't worry about it.

Keep your receipts and all documentation from the purchase. Keep them secure.

Better yet, look around for a real Gibson Flying V hard case.

I've seen them for less than $100 on Ebay, and that's the BEST thing you can do for the guitar.

Make photo copies of everything, and put the copies inside the hard case.

Keep the original paperwork someplace safe, and provide it with the guitar if you ever sell it.

Meanwhile, enjoy your V.

Welcome to the forum!

Archived