Gibson Brands Forums

Why 2006 Les Paul Customs Include no Certificate of Authentic?

bluesguitar65

I purchased an NOS 2006 from a very reputable Los Angels Vintage Guitar shop yesterday and got everything that came with the guitar, but no COA. I asked about it and sales person stated that 2006 customs did not come with certificate of authentic. I was surprised I thought all custom shop guitars including the Les Paul Customs include such document. I believe even the 2005 Les Paul customs comes with one, but why not the 2006?

That is what I though also and I called Gibson Customer Service if they can provide me a duplicate for this guitar and they said that the 2006 Customs do not come with COAs. Why?

If it did, it should have been in the pocket of the case that came with the guitar, as that's what my 2008 CS-336 had. On the case there was a label that read,

"The Certificate of Authenticity for this instrument is enclosed in the pocket of the case."

^ no, they had 8 1/2 x 11 inch COAs before 2008. There's no way it would fit in that little compartment.

LP Customs became Custom Shop guitars in 2004. I figured the '04s and newer would all have COAs.

R9, if that's the case (no pun intended) then you are correct, as the COA I received with my 2008 CS-336 is a 5" x 6.5" size booklet

that fits easily into my case's pocket.

• 1 month later...

Archived