Gibson Brands Forums

Roller Bridge & High Ratio Tuners

RobinTheHood

My guitarist has an Ibby AS73. He doesnt like to change his strings and usully only does so one at a time when one breaks. He is always out of tune after almost every song and its driving me crazy...not to mention how unprofessional it looks during a gig.

My question is, will a roller bridge and high ratio tuners help keep old strings in tune better than the stock parts? I cant get him to change strings more often (I've tried) because he's pretty set in his ways. I need some opinions and advice before I go spouting off to him. So what do you guys think?

I've got a gig this afternoon for a United Way fund raiser, so I wont be able to check back until this evening. Looking forward to your advice and tuned strings.

Thanks. I'll suggest it to him. Its kind of hard to get him to move on stuff like this.

No pinging or anything like that. Its definitely an old string problem. He takes really good care of his guitar and makes sure everything works properly...just not the strings.

Personally, when it comes to guitar, I'm a string changing fanatic. With bass, not so much, but its not needed either.

I'm just tired of the constant tuning. He seemed ok during the set today, but it was outside and I couldnt really hear him. He may have just rolled with it and I didnt notice.

Archived