Gibson Brands Forums

Stoneage Family

Jantha

You got that right. Alas, change is inevitable. It's actually quite amazing to see how that change has accelerated over just the last twenty years or so. I believe the mathematicians call it "exponentially."

On a trivial Flinstones tangent, I saw a documentary on Sting many years ago putting together a band for a tour (title of the show was "Bring On The Night" maybe??) . After he got the band together, they were rehearsing in a medieval castle somewhere in Europe, and in a space between a couple of the songs, someone started noodling around with the theme song from the Flintstones. Everyone else joined in and played the whole thing--they all knew the song! Where does that come from??

Sorry if this sounds stupid, but that's the way I am.

Yeah, it caused quite a ruckus back in the day. I wonder how long it took for them to pull the ads. I think the legal dept. said that since the show, at the time, was played in prime time it was an 'adult' cartoon. #-o Where have I heard that drivel???

Oh, yeah, some cartoon about an irreverent kid who doesn't give any respect to his parents or any other adult. That and a dullard father... "It's an adult cartoon." Yeah? Who's buyin' all the @#(^^ Tee Shirts? [-X.

Archived