Gibson Brands Forums

New to me Epiphone Les Paul

Jx2

Today I went to a shop a few hours away. Ended up coming home with this Les Paul.

102_0162.jpg

102_0163.jpg

As you can faintly see this guitar has a Seymour Duncan in the neck, and it sounds amazing. I beleive the bridge pick up is stock but cant say for sure. I asked the guy if he knew which Duncan was in it. He said he didnt know and couldnt tell with out taking it out. This guitar is a 2nd though, or so Im assuming since its stamped 2nd under the serial number. Also from the code chart I saw here its a Samick(Korea) made guitar since it has a S, built in Feburary of 1998. The 7127 I wasnt sure what it stood for. I would like to know what model it is, all it says is Epiphone Les Paul model on the head stock and Gibson on the trust rod cover. Mainly because Im curious exactly what epiphone calls this finish. Regardless to say I feel like I just found my soul mate. It had a $399 price tag on it and claimed to have listed for retailed for $899.99. If anyone happens to know anything Id appreciate if not thats cool. Like I said main thing Im curious about is the finish name.

After I made this post I started digging myself. I still dont know the model, but I do know the finish which as I said was the main thing. Its a birdseye maple.

I beleive it is, I wanted to take the pic outside. They seem to come out better, but it was a wet, dark, windy day. I'll add it to my to-do list and post it here when I get it done, hopefully tomarrow. I seen one just like it on ebay with a BIN of a little over $550.

Archived