Gibson Brands Forums

Baseball Bat Les Paul Neck

glennc

Hello,

I have owned and enjoyed several Epiphones in the past. But I've noted that the neck style I really like is the Gibson 1958 or 1959 fat necks on their Les Pauls. I've looked on the Epiphone site and saw a special run 1959 Les Paul but it apparently is not available any longer.

To your extensive knowledge, is there another Epiphone Les Paul Model with the baseball style neck? thanks for any reply.

glennc

There will be a "1960" LesPaul with a "V-1" neck out soon...

There was a poll, started by Epi1 here, I can't find anymore....

Allow ME, good Sir. After fixing 22 messed up DIY threads, I've become

quite good at finding stuff in the OLD FORUM Archives...

And HERE YOU ARE!

VOTE! 50th Anniversary 1960 Les Paul Standard

http://forum.gibson.com/index.php?/topic/51860-vote-50th-anniversary-1960-les-paul-standard/

Leave TIP in jar as you exit! [rolleyes]

I have found quite a few retailers still selling the 1959 and there are also quite a few on eBay. They haven't sold out quite yet!

It's also my favourite neck profile, so welcome to the club.

Animalfarm: You're getting younger in your profile pic by the day........ :P

Thanks markerdown,

I've found that the 1960 Les Paul with the V-1 neck option is about as close as I'm going to get with Epiphone. Gibson makes a faded Les Paul Junior that has a pre 59 feeling neck and it is over $100 cheaper. You don't get the looks but you get the feel. Considering the LP Junior as the V-1 option Epi appears to come in cherry sunburst only and I don't really care for that color, and getting a non-Chinese product is a plus to me.

glennc

Archived