Gibson Brands Forums

Calling Cameleye!

jannusguy2

Bought it last Saturday, but they kinda dropped the ball and didn't ship it until Tuesday. So now it'll sit on a truck or in a warehouse until Monday (unless UPS doesn't do home delivery on the holiday, then it'll be Tuesday). Arggh!

Thanks, Rob, for asking. When it finally makes it here, I'll do a review and post some pix. Ce

You're tellin' me! UPS Tracking shows the guitar's about 10 minutes away (on a truck or in their warehouse). So I called UPS this morning, and they're closed. Otherwise, I could have gone over and picked it up. So, we're back to Monday. I'll get to wait around the house all day for the truck. Ce

You're tellin' me! UPS Tracking shows the guitar's about 10 minutes away (on a truck or in their warehouse). So I called UPS this morning, and they're closed. Otherwise, I could have gone over and picked it up. So, we're back to Monday. I'll get to wait around the house all day for the truck. Ce

Double Bummer Plus!!, [cursing] as the noted group Bongwater would say....

Thanks, John. Been A/B/Cing it with my Fuller's J-35 and my (gasp!) Martin D-18V. Think it came with coated strings, sounds kinda not so lively, especially on the A and g strings ... a "flatter" less ringy tone. Will try a set of D'A PBs later tonight. Ce

Unique is right! Still finding that 12 fret neck on a jumbo a little "different". Restrung with regular D'A PB lights. Sounds way better. I suspect the strings that came on it were the plastic coated variety, not my favs by a long shot. Now the SJ sounds bright and ringy, with the nice deep bass that the lower bridge placement enhances. Plenty of volume too. So, now it's loud, deep, resonant, punchy, bright and jangly like the best of them. [thumbup]

Can't put it down. Every day it seems to open up a little more. Of course, I'm probably learning just where and how this particular guitar likes to be played as well. Every one's a tad different ... makes the world go 'round, I know, but this 12 fretter really is something special. Ce

Archived