Gibson Brands Forums

Home made speaker cab.

Kimbabig

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I see all of you people watching but not posting. [sneaky] you could at least put some popcorn eating emoticons.

They're waiting for "version 3"... with the pine and Sharpie.

No point in pulling the trigger today, when there will be a significant reissue tomorrow.

(Hint: Aim your marketing at the collector - they have more money than sense.)

They're waiting for "version 3"... with the pine and Sharpie.

No point in pulling the trigger today, when there will be a significant reissue tomorrow.

(Hint: Aim your marketing at the collector - they have more money than sense.)

If I throw in case candy it will surely be a hit among them. Now I might have to go out to the garage and write some random collector crap on it. and make a COA

If I throw in case candy it will surely be a hit among them. Now I might have to go out to the garage and write some random collector crap on it. and make a COA

^ That, and "Oxygen free" wire, and MIA hardware.

And get it autographed by Brookes and Dunn. Apparently, they'll sign anything.

^ That, and "Oxygen free" wire, and MIA hardware.

Well the Eminence is MIA so that is a selling point, but the Celestion is from the UK so I will have to call it "fancy import speaker" so that the price does not go down. P.s I got the speakers already broken in from Craigslist.

Well the Eminence is MIA so that is a selling point, but the Celestion is from the UK so I will have to call it "fancy import speaker" so that the price does not go down. P.s I got the speakers already broken in from Craigslist.

Cool - but gddamit, you got me all up in the high-post list for the day.

I hate that, so I've gotta stop.

Good luck with your future endeavors.

Cool - but gddamit, you got me all up in the high-post list for the day.

I hate that, so I've gotta stop.

Good luck with your future endeavors.

good luck to you too.

but I gotta be a bigger poster than that new guy so that I look cool.

post 777!

Very nice!

I actually want to build a 2*12 and since 12' of pine is very cheap here it is very possible for me to build it.

A general question though, is there any noticeable tonal difference between a cabinet that has been box jointed together rather than nailed/glued and screwed?

I am considering which method I should try.

Very nice!

I actually want to build a 2*12 and since 12' of pine is very cheap here it is very possible for me to build it.

A general question though, is there any noticeable tonal difference between a cabinet that has been box jointed together rather than nailed/glued and screwed?

I am considering which method I should try.

I don't really think so if you are able to bond it strong enough. If you are finishing it like I did I think the box joints would look ugly. Also if it is going to be a closed back (mine is) it has to have uneven measurements.

I don't really think so if you are able to bond it strong enough. If you are finishing it like I did I think the box joints would look ugly. Also if it is going to be a closed back (mine is) it has to have uneven measurements.

I like Leo's box joints. The problem is getting all set up for them, just to do one cab.

At the end of the day, though, I think the cork-sniffers will show up and say that one type of construction "sounds" better than the other.

Go with K-Bag's construction, the old pine, the 3/4" jack-hole, the Sharpie, and the V3, with the CL-aged speakers, and you might just get Slashtone, or maybe even Billy G.

To do box joints I would have to do it buy hand, because I am not about to buy a router to do one task.

Hacksaw, coping saw, chisel and some sandpaper and I could get it done.

I'm almost sure.

Tablesaw and a simple jig will do the job.

Don't you watch "New Yankee Workshop?"

Archived