Gibson Brands Forums

The Vintage Guitar Bible!

Tman5293

So I picked up this book a few weeks ago and I gotta share it with you guys! It's got an amazing amount of info in it about all guitars pre-80's. Covers every major brand and includes a few I've never heard of. I highly recommend it and strongly encourage you guys to check it out. msp_thumbup.gif

PA140029.jpg

Tman, I don't know where in Texas you are, but this weekend, Saturday and Sunday, at the Arlington Convention Center is a huge guitar show. I saw George there (or maybe it was the Dallas show) several years back. If you're close to Arlington, go to the show, take your book, and if George Gruhn is there, I bet he'd autograph it.

But anyway, seriously, the Arlington show is really a good time and one of the biggest shows in the country.

Interesting, How much did that set you back if you don't mind me asking??

I got it at this great place called Half Price Books for $10.00. Although I just looked at the back of the book and it says $27.95.

Tman, I don't know where in Texas you are, but this weekend, Saturday and Sunday, at the Arlington Convention Center is a huge guitar show. I saw George there (or maybe it was the Dallas show) several years back. If you're close to Arlington, go to the show, take your book, and if George Gruhn is there, I bet he'd autograph it.

But anyway, seriously, the Arlington show is really a good time and one of the biggest shows in the country.

I am going to the Arlington show on Sunday. I've had it planned out to go since August. I will look for him, although it would be great if you could fill me in on who he is cause I honestly have no idea.

NIce info! [thumbup] I'm gonna search for it on amazon!

I also looked at it on amazon and was surprised to find that there is a third edition! Don't know if I feel like paying $25 for a book though. Not when I only payed $10 for the second edition.

I will look for him, although it would be great if you could fill me in on who he is cause I honestly have no idea.

Here's his site:

http://www.gruhn.com/

Gruhn is one of the guys who has already made a fortune by selling aging Baby Boomers the guitars of their youth.

In doing so, he has become an expert on vintage guitars.

Archived