Gibson Brands Forums

Kahler tremolo

Markus78

I have never had such guitar with kahler tremolo system on it. Actually it is kind of new thing for me... a while ago i didn't even know about its existence.

But when I saw the system via internet and saw how it works... It seems to be amazing and smart tremolo system, i really must have one. Also I bumbed into stetsbar tremolo system which is quite intresting too. If someone has experience of these tremolo systems, i would be glad to hear comments about them.

I've probably owned a dozen Strats over the years. One was a blonde '77 that had a Kahler added (in the 80s of course!). It was deader than a doornail. No resonance, no twang, just a dull thud. The guitar could have been a dud to begin with but I wondered if the Kahler killed it. Kahlers are big and heavy and the strings 'top load'. As far as it being a good tremolo, yeah, I'd take one over a Floyd any day. I hate Floyds.

My two cents and barely worth that much.

Thanks for your answers. :) Yeah I do divebombs and stuff like that... I have Floyd tremolo on my Jackson, but I am not so satisfied with it. It's not so comfortable and soft etc. so that's why I am looking at different direction and I believe that Kahler could be the answer.

Thanks for your answers. :) Yeah I do divebombs and stuff like that... I have Floyd tremolo on my Jackson, but I am not so satisfied with it. It's not so comfortable and soft etc. so that's why I am looking at different direction and I believe that Kahler could be the answer.

I like the Floyd Rose as well, however I have such a heavy pickin hand, that when using a Floyd I would take it out of intonation when resting it on the bridge saddles. I don't have that issue with the Kahlers..

As an FYI when stringing up a guitar fitted with a Kahler, add solder to the twisting area of the strings where the ball ends are located. This helps with keeping the guitar in tune.

I like the Floyd Rose as well, however I have such a heavy pickin hand, that when using a Floyd I would take it out of intonation when resting it on the bridge saddles. I don't have that issue with the Kahlers..

I have also noticed same thing with Floyd.

As an FYI when stringing up a guitar fitted with a Kahler, add solder to the twisting area of the strings where the ball ends are located. This helps with keeping the guitar in tune.

Thanks for the tip. :)

Archived