Gibson Brands Forums

New (to me) simple Epi LP

Firstegg

So, I have this Epi that I can't find more detailed info. Bolt-on neck, 2 humbuckers, one volume, one tone, selector between the knobs. It has the 'retro' Epi winged logo (see attached). I used the 'guitar project' serial look up, told me that it was made in the Muse China factory (probably correct), but in October, 1921.

So, any pointers in where to look?

Tom

So, I have this Epi that I can't find more detailed info. Bolt-on neck, 2 humbuckers, one volume, one tone, selector between the knobs. It has the 'retro' Epi winged logo (see attached). I used the 'guitar project' serial look up, told me that it was made in the Muse China factory (probably correct), but in October, 1921.

So, any pointers in where to look?

Tom

Sounds like an E Series Basher made 2001 - 2002. E series had the wings with the E logo, hence E series. The Basher was the basic guitar in the series, does it look like this:

thum_118544c9faab3334aa.jpg

118544c9faad3f412b.jpg

E series

WELCOME to Forum! We welcome your posts and input!

You post a "Me not Know" question, and Lo and BEHOLD - RTH and jerrymac (walking encyclopedias

of guitars) comes up with your answer. Now that's SERVICE! Bravo, Cap'n and JM! [thumbup]

It may be necessary to Manually decipher your serial number. I'm curious

as to WHEN it was made - never seen that particular guitar before. Looks

like a precursor to the current LP Special II. This can be done either by

following the instructions in the first post of the "ID your Serial #" thread

in the electrics section, OR, just post number here. If you're worried about

that, just insert "XXX" in place of the last digits. That way, all we'll see is the

"important" stuff like When it was made, and Where, but not the EXACT production run

number.

Keep posting, participating, ask all questions you need to.

We won't do this: [cursing][cursing][cursing]

Or This: [scared][scared][scared]

Hope you enjoy your stay. (FREE night sleeping outside after 100 posts).

Archived