Gibson Brands Forums

Why aren't you guys asking Henry?

DRIFTER

I just visited the "Get to know Henry" forum under lifestyles for the first time. Since it is touted as a place to get direct feed back from Henry himself, I'm a bit confused. Why are there only 7 posts in over 4 months? Why are there zero responses from Henry? Why aren't you guys addressing your concerns about the Firebird X and Gibson in general to him? Isn't he supposed to be the guy with the answers? Is the thread closed? Is it non responsive (obviously). I left a post there. Will I get an answer from Henry? Seems very odd to me. Anybody?

That thread is supposed to be an announcement for Henry's forum. The actual forum is located here:

http://4henry.gibson.com

Supposedly Henry answers questions, but I doubt seriously that the CEO and owner of a global corporation is really sitting in front of the computer with "the guys". Have a look, and I think you'll see what I mean.

I went over there when it first opened up, but it was basically just a lot of nonsense. On the one hand there were quite a few absolute idiots looking to insult Gibson and its owner, and on the other hand there were just as many butt-kissers trying to impress a multimillionaire. Perhaps it's better now...

One caveat: If you decide to join the "party", you'll be required to divulge your name and address.

Agreed there's two types of people for the most part on there, the butt kissers who think Henry is going to give them guitars for kissing hiney, or something stupid. Then those who are outraged or whatnot and want the CEO to hear a mouthful.

I for one have applied to that forum and never received a yes or no. I have some actual valid things I'd like to see on future Gibson guitars. CEO or not at least somebody from Gibson is responding to some of those. So maybe people with actual requests may get heard.

I for one have applied to that forum and never received a yes or no. I have some actual valid things I'd like to see on future Gibson guitars.

Me too. And generally I'm neither an irrational complainer nor an ***-kisser. Just a multiple Gibson owner with a question or two. I even sent an e-mail to Customer Service asking if there was anything they could do to expedite approval and though they responded, it didn't result in action.

The forums OK...just WAAAYY slow...they are responding to topics started 4 months ago. Sometimes it is just agonzing.

Otherwise it is not too much different from regular forums, except Henry stops in every now & again to actually respond to attacks, answer "why", offer up explanations, etc.

Something like this F-X event got it going for few days again.

Archived