Gibson Brands Forums

Anyone have a new computer?

deepblue

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<grin>

How many remember the "Gem" operating system overlay somewhat similar to Windows that ran on the PC? Xerox Ventura Publisher initially came out that way and actually worked relatively well before it "caved" and switched to Windows...

I seem to recall that initially Gem was set up for a 6502 Commodore environment, but somehow was ported or rewritten for the PC.

m

<grin>

How many remember the "Gem" operating system overlay somewhat similar to Windows that ran on the PC? Xerox Ventura Publisher initially came out that way and actually worked relatively well before it "caved" and switched to Windows...

I seem to recall that initially Gem was set up for a 6502 Commodore environment, but somehow was ported or rewritten for the PC.

m

Gem "ran" on Atari ST computers too, I think.

<grin>

m

How about vic 20's One of my first computers.

I'm glad we all got it ironed out. I was NOT upset with ANYTHING you said at all. Like you said,it started out as educating, but, well you know the rest of the story....Paul Harvey.... Good Day.

Steam engines huh? My old man, which died on my B-day 3years ago, and on my B-day 2 years ago I had a quadruple bypass, corotted as well, so I don't like my B-day anymore, but we have 6-8 old hit and miss motors from the earliest of ours, or mine, is a 1909, Novo, actually a Hildreath, I only seen 1 other, to the newest throttle bodied Witte...

Even got both style of maytag washing machine kick start motors...opposed pistons and a single cylinder as well.

Every year, we always went to the old engine tractor shows around the state and enjoyed it... Also funny you said a 55 chevy, I just sold my dad's 57 a couple years back as I already have a 69 Chevelle ss 396, as well as a 70 El Camino 454 ss,with also a the last year of the el caminos, 87, and the last one I have is a 71 el camino from colorado, all original even the small block 400.

My 69 came from atlanta, so threes hardly any rust on it either....Cars rust out real quick up here in the north country with all the salt they put out in winter....

Sparky...

Hey, you don't need to tell a South Dakota boy about salt on roads in winter. In fact here they've decided not to sand state highways unless there's something odd going on or it's really cold - just salt, salt and more salt...

I was brought up kinda strangely - in a combination auto and Harley dealership and shop - then my dad went on and got a masters in philosophy. <grin>

My little brother - who's 60 - is the family mechanic, though, and biker. He was too little to be in the shop as I was, but he got Dad's tools and apparently the inclination to hit the bikes too. Me... I did other crazy things instead.

Those Caminos are nice... I'm jealous. Put a lid on the back and it's a great solo gig hauling rig if the weather's not too bad. But you know all about chill and snow...

m

Archived