Gibson Brands Forums

Randy Rhoads.

Diego the guy

I have a tour program from Diary of a Madman with all of his setting for his amps and all of his pedals in his effects board, I'd have to dig it up. The amp is a Marshall JMP which they reissued an exact replica of Randy's awhile ago, I'm sure you already knew that. With this amp, to get his tone, you have to crank up the volume! and it's frigging LOUD!!! The bass player is Rudy Sarzo, he played with Randy in Quiet Riot before joining Blzzard of Oz and went back to QR after Randy's death, but I'm sure you knew that as well!

I have his setting kicking around somewhere in a magazine, I'd have to dig it up. The amp is a Marshall JMP which they reissued an exact replica of Randy's awhile ago, I'm sure you already knew that. With this amp, to get his tone, you have to crank up the volume! and it's frigging LOUD!!! The bass player is Rudy Sarzo, he played with Randy in Quiet Riot before joining Blzzard of Oz and went back to QR after Randy's death, but I'm sure you knew that as well!

Yes, i Knew about the marshall (the white cab and head) . ill have to ask everyone to get out of the house so i can experiment with tones at a loud volume. i watched a episode of that metal show yesterday that had two members of Quiet Riot. pretty nice. About Rudy Sarzo, i did not know much about him, but will do research. thanks

- Diego

Randy's head was modded by Marshall and the replica is made exactly like his. Delores Rhoads let an engineer from Marshall take the head apart and take photographs of it so it would be an exact duplicate of Randy's Marshall JMP head. No, it wouldn't need to be modded any further to get the same tone Randy had. If you're talking about a regular JMP, yes it needs to be modded just like the RR JMP to have the same tone.

Archived