Gibson Brands Forums

'57 Gibson Historic LP GT RI 2000 - bridge issue

jwinvegas

I have a 2000 '57 Gibson Historic Les Paul Gold Top RI which I purchased a while back from another party and decided to have some upgrades added.

More specifically the Aluminum Vintage TonePro Locking Bridge, tailpiece and tuners in nickel.

My issue is that my luthier says the guitar bridge was incorrectly placed when it was manufactured and apparently the 'G' string cannot be intonated because the saddle will not go back far enough. My luthier did say with the old vintage tune-o-matic they could reverse the bridge saddle so the the wedge tilts toward the back of the guitar, however I don't know that the TonePro Locking Bridge has that capability.

Are these kind of issues common for these expensive guitars?

As a non-orignal owner does Gibson warrantee these in any way?

It is an obvious issue with quality and workmanship.

Had I not taken it for the upgrade I would not have known about the defect.

Any Comments and Advice are appreciated

post-27092-024344400 1289742559_thumb.jpg

Thanks for your help!

JW

This bridge from Faber? http://cvguitars.com/images/ABR-Locking.jpg

Looks like you can flip the saddle. IMO, don't buy a bridge that won't allow you to remove the screws.

The bridge was not placed incorrectly. If it was on yours, then it would have been installed incorrectly on ALL 2000 reissues.

Gibson warranties are only for the original owner.

This bridge from Faber? http://cvguitars.com/images/ABR-Locking.jpg

Looks like you can flip the saddle. IMO, don't buy a bridge that won't allow you to remove the screws.

The bridge was not placed incorrectly. If it was on yours, then it would have been installed incorrectly on ALL 2000 reissues. Gibson warranties are only for the original owner.

+1

Has the depth of the G nut slot been checked?

Sometimes Gibsons come from the factory with a nut isn't cut properly (usually the G and D nut slots aren't deep enough), which cause problems with the tuning and the intonation. Make sure this possibility has been check out before doing anything drastic with the bridge position.

Archived