Gibson Brands Forums

Cant help yourself

tartanbeastie

So.. you know how it is, your out shopping for something in particular and you end up going home with something different or buying something costing a small fortune.

I did that last year and have to say it was one of the best things I ever did. So picture the scene, My wife and I stop by long & mcquade in Saskatoon, I wanted a small practice amp just a couple hundred bucks worth, didnt have anything in particular in mind but with my Fender telecaster arriving from Scotland the following week I needed a new practice amp. I had sold and given away various amps and guitars before i emigrated but there was no way I was parting with the Tele so it was shipped out to me. Anyways, back to the story.. We are regulars in L&M and have a laugh and joke with one staff member in particular. So we were chatting and I explained the situation and he's like "have you tried the fender blues Junior" My first thought was.. 15 watts, too small! till i tried it, Its a great wee amp, and admitidly more than i was looking at spending. Thats when it happened, I had already agreed to buy it when I spotted an SG special faded on the wall.. my wife looked at me and smiled cos she knows how much I adore SG's and she just said yup its beautiful, are you going to have a play on it. I really didnt want to because I know just as she did what would happen. So... to cut a long story short I left the store with a new amp, guitar, hard case and leads. So much for only spending a couple hundred bucks!!!!! but it was worth it, and its so good having a wife who not only understands the guitar addiction but has it herself!!!

Archived