Gibson Brands Forums

Blueshawks

Vestapol

I have a 97 and a 98 Blueshawk, Red and black, I call them the evil twins [sneaky] Bought them both of ebay and love these guitars. A little trick to get the set up right but once you do they are very nice guitars. My Red Blueshawk has an original Gibson hard shell case. The black one lives in a SG case the works just great, almost a perfect fit. I use the extra space by the cutaway for the strap.

Incase-1.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Haven't been on for a while...believe it or not I still haven't change the strings on my Blueshawk from the prior owner!! I've got a new set of Elixers waiting to go on. I'm going to get the guitar setup professionally when I change the strings. I spent two hours hammering the guitar through a 1977 Ampeg VT22. I was using an ART Express 2000 rack effect and the guitar sounded incredible...so many sounds and tones!! It just screams when you scoup out the mids with the Varitone!! One of these nights I'm gonna take it out for an open mic night and have some fun!!

• 3 years later...

Time to kick an old thread.

Got an e-mail from Epiphone this morning.

Looks like a run of Epi Blueshawks is coming in spring.

I hope that means there will be new Gibson BHs soon.

New for Spring 2015

Featuring new P-90 PRO™ Single Coil Pickups plus 6-position Rotary VariTone™

Epiphone presents the new Blueshawk Deluxe, the long awaited return of an original classic first introduced in the 90s that's been a connoisseur's favorite ever since. The Blueshawk Deluxe features the upper bout curve and cutaway of a Les Paul but with the semi-hollowbody design and small f-holes of an archtop. The result is one of the most versatile and distinctive guitars anywhere. And now the Epiphone Blueshawk Deluxe features new P-90 PRO™ Single Coil pickups plus a 6-position Rotary VariTone™.

The Epiphone Blueshawk Deluxe features a Mahogany body with a contoured back and a Maple top with a AAA Flame Maple Veneer. Both the body and the neck feature single-ply cream binding. The Blueshawk comes in three beautiful color finishes---Midnight Sapphire, Translucent Black, and Wine Red. Watch for it Spring 2015!

post-19031-029318400 1421946683_thumb.jpg

Archived