Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson Lespaul Custom and SG std with a Fender blues deluxe

awel

Hi,

I have just bought a Fender blues deluxe, and I have a question is it normal that the clean sounds even on the second input, starts to overdrive?

it is lightly over driven with my SG but it is worth with my Lesapul Custom on the neck pick-up there is a real 'growl'!

With my strat the sound is really good so I don't think the amp has a problem.

If someone has a fender blues deluxe and is using it with a humbucker Gibson, thanks for your help.

Hi,

I have just bought a Fender blues deluxe, and I have a question is it normal that the clean sounds even on the second input, starts to overdrive?

it is lightly over driven with my SG but it is worth with my Lesapul Custom on the neck pick-up there is a real 'growl'!

With my strat the sound is really good so I don't think the amp has a problem.

If someone has a fender blues deluxe and is using it with a humbucker Gibson, thanks for your help.

If it's a newer Gibson, the humbuckers appear have a higher output, which is why I replace all my new Gibsons with 73-76 Gibson humbuckers or 80 to 82 Tim Shaw humbuckers... For some reason my ear just doesn't like the sound of the newer Gibby humbuckers.

Fender's power ratings for their tube combos tend to be pretty high. Your combo may peak at 40W, but it will start to break up at around 50%. If you still have the stock pups in your Stratocaster, they are likely much lower output than the humbuckers in your Gibsons, and they don't push the amp as hard. If you are getting distortion at low volumes, than there may be a problem with your amp. The Fender blues series are sweet combos to push and get a crunch, but are not ideal for sparkly cleans. I suggest medium output alnico II-III humbucking pickups and softer dynamics if want to clean it up, or a higher power amplifier.

Fender's power ratings for their tube combos tend to be pretty high. Your combo may peak at 40W, but it will start to break up at around 50%. If you still have the stock pups in your Stratocaster, they are likely much lower output than the humbuckers in your Gibsons, and they don't push the amp as hard. If you are getting distortion at low volumes, than there may be a problem with your amp. The Fender blues series are sweet combos to push and get a crunch, but are not ideal for sparkly cleans. I suggest medium output alnico II-III humbucking pickups and softer dynamics if want to clean it up, or a higher power amplifier.

Thank you , the sound is really good with a strat (single coil) or my Gibsons but I am not used with an amp that has a so big sound difference between a single coil and and a humbucker.

With my boogie or with a 'modern' amp the sound stays pretty clean even with a humbucker, fater but clean.

Archived