Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson 'specials'

LarryUK

Lashurst; others will answer better than I can, but, Gibson does many short limited runs of all kinds, and if you don't catch them as they happen, then, you miss 'em...

Then one or two might show up used, or you see some rock star playing one, and, etc. etc. I'm learning that the Custom Shop does all kinds of unusual orders as well.

There's an amazing variety of Gibson LPs out there to be found that are real.....It's amazing....That's my two cents Lashurst.....Next ????

I just strolled through your link, and I didn't see much of what I haven't seen before....One thing Gibson does do right is that they produce many variations of their Les Paul. So many variations, that collecting them can be as expensive a hobby as one can afford. When Gibson does quilted tops, they tend to be works of art. And their rare colors can be spectacular. I love their rare 'Old Hickory' LPs, made from 275 year old tulip poplar trees from Andrew Jackson's estate ( 188 made )...E-Bay sometimes has nice rare genuine Gibson LPs.....I own one rare Gibson LP, but there are many I'd love to own...There really is nothing like owning a Gibson LP, or 2, or 3, or 50, etc.......I own more guitars than I can count, but currently only 3 Gibson LPs...............

I think the 'quilt' top are nice. The ' cobra burst' is odd. Have you seen the 'London fog'.

I've seen a couple of 'guitar of the week' Les Pauls. Should they be on the Gibson site?

I really fancy an 'unburst' though.

Archived