Gibson Brands Forums

New or Old Epip SG

fathands.marrtan

Just received a Epiphone Special SG Model Red,22 frets,one volume and one tone knob with toggle switch,that says rhythm on top and treble on the bottom,also has 2 pickups at the neck and 2 at the bridge.Bridge is fixed with 1/4" cord input next to the tone knob. On the back it says inspected by #16 Gabor China and the ser # SJ05094841 if you have any information on what this is would give help me identify what I have Thanks FatHands Marrtan

Just received a Epiphone Special SG Model Red,22 frets,one volume and one tone knob with toggle switch,that says rhythm on top and treble on the bottom,also has 2 pickups at the neck and 2 at the bridge.Bridge is fixed with 1/4" cord input next to the tone knob. On the back it says inspected by #16 Gabor China and the ser # SJ05094841 if you have any information on what this is would give help me identify what I have Thanks FatHands Marrtan

You answered your own question. Its an Epiphone SG Special. Made in China. Not much else to know other than year and value. TehBeast gave you the year - and they run about $170 new and go for $100 or less used. Thats about it, unless you have any specific questions.

Archived