Gibson Brands Forums

It's nice knowing I'm not alone in the universe

Tim Plains

OK, time to get a little serious. I've been happily married for 14 years. The one thing I've learned is to NEVER hide anything from her. If she loves you then she'll encourage you. My wife did question my PRS GAS, but after she realized how much I wanted it, I got the green light.

Trust me they will eventually find out. God help you guys if they read this thread. Married is built on trust. People hardly ever get divorced based on the big things, it's the small things that escalate into big things. Now I'm not saying that it'll happen to you guys who don't tell your wives. But, why take the chance? She's your soul mate. Tell her everything.

While I agree that trust is an important component of a relationship, I don't really think it's necessary to mention every purchase.

If my "significant other" were ever to question my buying a guitar -- which she doesn't -- I would tell her that I don't keep track of how many dresses, purses, shoes, necklaces, etc she buys.

Then I would remind her that I can sell my guitars for more than I paid, and I would ask her if she can do that with her dresses, purses, shoes, necklaces, etc.

Ive never had to lie about a guitar and I wouldn't do it, I have a savings account set up for guitars whether i'm buying or selling and if the money's not in the account I don't buy it. It has been twenty plus years since I bought a guitar or anything music related that I could not pay cash for since I'm not a pro player no guitar is worth financing or going into debt for. I wouldn't get away with lying anyway after all these years my wife knows way to much about guitars she'd never fall for it.

and I'm on my 28th year of marriage.

OK, time to get a little serious. I've been happily married for 14 years. The one thing I've learned is to NEVER hide anything from her. If she loves you then she'll encourage you. My wife did question my PRS GAS, but after she realized how much I wanted it, I got the green light.

Trust me they will eventually find out. God help you guys if they read this thread. Married is built on trust. People hardly ever get divorced based on the big things, it's the small things that escalate into big things. Now I'm not saying that it'll happen to you guys who don't tell your wives. But, why take the chance? She's your soul mate. Tell her everything.

Exactly!!!

My wife goes guitar shopping with me and picks the color.msp_thumbup.gif

Archived