Gibson Brands Forums

Great players we never hear of anymore...

jaxson50

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jax...

Maria M. always seemed to find good guitar players. She's no kid any more but the crowd she ran with in her younger days probably still offers some darned good connections, I'll wager. Her Ex was a pretty decent blues singer/picker in the old folkie days.

m

Jax...

Maria M. always seemed to find good guitar players. She's no kid any more but the crowd she ran with in her younger days probably still offers some darned good connections, I'll wager. Her Ex was a pretty decent blues singer/picker in the old folkie days.

m

That would be Geoff M.

Jax...

Note that Geoff was playing a classical guitar for solo blues. <grin>

When I was a kid starting on guitar some folks would have had you believe that was tantamount to the evil of the concept of skinning your own mother alive.

Sheesh. Never met Geoff but heard his records back in the 60s. Always kinda considered him regardless as being "new york style" with the pickin'. You can almost hear Pete Seeger types of influences in the "blues fingerpickin'."

<grin>

This is a little different, but from the same era. Fred Neil wrote "Everybody's Talking" for "Midnight Cowboy," but this is "him" from my perspective. He was a pretty interesting 12-string player. Not the fanciest, but smooth.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jaUHv89OpuM&feature=related

m

Archived