Gibson Brands Forums

Traditional Hum/ Feedback issue's..

chase1410

Hey guys, as you know I have a Gibson Traditional Plus, and is pride and joy of my collection. The tone is superb and IMO my best sounding guitar, but when I get the gain rolling up high it seems to hum more then my other guitars...is that due the the pickup covers? Are 57 classic more prone to hum and feedback? It's only noticeable when I'm not playing and the gain is pretty high, or certain high-gain FX. It's definitely louder then the rest of my guitar's and am just wondering if there's a reason for it...

Hey guys, as you know I have a Gibson Traditional Plus, and is pride and joy of my collection. The tone is superb and IMO my best sounding guitar, but when I get the gain rolling up high it seems to hum more then my other guitar...is that due the the pickup covers? Are 57 classic more prone to hum and feedback? It's only noticeable when I'm not playing and the gain is pretty high, or certain high-gain FX. It's definitely louder then the rest of my guitar's and am just wondering if there's a reason for it...

Try adjusting the pickup height.

Two questions:

1. Does the guitar hum when your not touching it at all? Or does it hum when you are touching it? Or both?

2. Touch something made of metal either on your guitar or somewhere in your cord line (like the stop bar or a pedal with a metal case or the metal piece on the end of a cord). Does the humming stop?

Archived