Gibson Brands Forums

Dirty shop.

LarryUK

Yep we have one like that near us too, a small mom and pop type store that seems to take pride in being filthy the owner sits in among his dirty gear smoking non stop talking about how he could never work for the man and be a chain store. He had a few nice Gretsch models I was trying to look at until his cat came out and started rubbing up against my leg leaving hair all over my jeans he just smiled and said oh he likes you he doesn't do that to most customer. I just grimaced shoved the cat away with my boot and headed for the door with him asking me what was wrong. Don't know if he's still there or not it's been a couple years but honestly I haven't even driven by to look.

This wasn't a tin pot store though. They're supposed to be the top independent store in Birmingham. The staff were standing there doing nothing. I was the only one in the shop. Scruffy staff. Dirty store. They'll be wondering next why they've lost their jobs. The guitars Prs etc were filthy. I may contact the online headquarters.

cleanest indie place I have ever shopped, Everyday Music in Farmington Maine.

Place was neat as a pin and SMART staff.

worst I have seen, Sandy's outside of Central Square in Cambridge Mass.

stuff everywhere, dirty, the guy that runs it is older than Methuselah, not real friendly either.

Archived