Gibson Brands Forums

Explorer help!

SLICKRICK

I've been searching around for my first REAL guitar for the past couple weeks and I've found somebody who wants to trade his explorer for my bass. I asked the owner of the explorer for more specs and he says he picked it up from a hock shop a couple years ago and doesn't know much about it. I was hoping somebody could fill me in if I posted a pic. I plan to play death metal in drop c or b if anybody has some advice on upgrading my pick-ups? I have a peavey vypyr amp and just ordered some Dunlop Zakk Wylde strings 10-60g.

post-28936-058366800 1294698693_thumb.jpeg

What kind of bass would you be trading? The Epiphone in the pic does not fetch a high price so check up on the selling price of your bass and compare to that epi. It is not the standard explorer you see today so don't give him your bass if you find it's worth more than like $200.

What kind of bass would you be trading? The Epiphone in the pic does not fetch a high price so check up on the selling price of your bass and compare to that epi. It is not the standard explorer you see today so don't give him your bass if you find it's worth more than like $200.

I have a Peavey Milestone BXP, My parents bought it about 6 years ago and I haven't touched it in at least 4. I've done a bit of research and they go for under $400 brand new. I"m going to do the trade regardless due to the fact that I'm tight on cash, I just wanted to see how good this guitar was. Thanks for the help though.

• 4 weeks later...

If your going to play in drop c or drop b tuning you'll probably need heavier gauge strings than 10-60. I don't know what kind of pups are in it now. Emg's are a god starting point. Also the Dimebucker or possibly the Bill Lawrence XL500 is a great choice in my opinion.

Archived