Gibson Brands Forums

another firebird question

schnarz25

I haven't seen the new Firebird Vs yet.......Todays LP Standards and LP Studios are chambered guitars.......Firebirds are neckthrough guitars, solid bodies, and use mini-humbuckers....

So, the two types of guitars aren't really similar at all....................The simple answer for coil tapping is it allows to shut one half of a humbucker down, using only one of the coils....The sound is not one of a genuine single coil, but is similar..........There are better explanations for this, but others can explain it better............Firebirds are unique guitars; I've never owned one, but those who do love them..

A very unique Gibson design.............lovely guitars............Mini-humbuckers have their own sound.............

what's better or worse about solid botty and chambered? what are the tonal differences between them?

Oh boy, this is a potential landmine......Schnarz, I'm going to wait and see who else answers first......

Oh boy, this is a potential landmine......Schnarz, I'm going to wait and see who else answers first......

Go for it Damian...this topic has been disscussed before by another thread you started Schnarz....just go play them...there both great guitars..

Archived