Gibson Brands Forums

A little "stray" jam

crust

Well crust, since you started this one, I guess I'll add mine to it. This is a couple we recorded for a demo a long time ago. They need to have a good remix. In fact I have some new guitar parts for them. It's my next project.

I was using a Gibson Les Paul Custom (my '78 I think) through a Carvin X100B head with an old Peavey 4x12 cab loaded with Celestion G12M70's.

This is called "Broken", I wrote this and do the vocals and guitars.

Broken

This is one that my bass player and I wrote while he was in China working, was tough back then, had to send cassetes back and forth. Butch does the vocals, he wrote the lyrics.

Right To Life

Sounds really good to me. What did you use to record with ?

Well we actually did these in a studio. Used mics on the my guitar (Gibson LP Custom through Carvin X100B Tube head with 4x12-Celestion G12M70s) , direct into a rack processor with the bass.

Ran our other guitarist through a rack processor (his amp wasn't the best).

Recorded the drum tracks first with all of us playing. Then the guitars and bass, then vocals.

But the mix was terrible, and I wanted to do the vocals over. Still want to, but it's all on DAT tapes, and NOBODY

has a DAT recorder any more.

************************************************************************************************************************

So crust, what did you play through and use to record your playing?

Archived