Gibson Brands Forums

Epi s-310

Trewblue

Hmmm...I'd be hard pressed to call it an Epiphone anymore. The only thing original is the neck. Every last bit has been upgraded (including the body), except for maybe the tuners and the input jack. More like a "partscaster", really.

I'll be honest though, I've often considered replacing the body on my S-500. Those older Epiphone plywood bodies were pretty bad. Poorly cut and nothing but bass when played unplugged.

LOL. i have been thinking about building a partscaster to try and recreate my first epi' which was, as some of you may know, an s200 (strat copy, but with 2 buckers). I have a Body and the epi pickups..I am just hoping on one of those necks to pop up somewhere.

LOL. i have been thinking about building a partscaster to try and recreate my first epi' which was, as some of you may know, an s200 (strat copy, but with 2 buckers). I have a Body and the epi pickups..I am just hoping on one of those necks to pop up somewhere.

Good luck finding a 1985-86 pointed headstock without a body attached to it. You can find S-310 explorer-style headstock fairly easy though. I'm not sure how authentic you want to get. The S-200 is really rare. Your best bet is to find an early S-400 and swap out the pickup and pickguard or use the neck if you want the pointy headstock.

Even more, the earliest of models also had the epiphone logo in a non-standard Epiphone font. A font similar to the one you see on acoustic guitars, but different. I've only ever seen it on early model Epi strats.

s20.gif

Archived