Gibson Brands Forums

into garageband via BOSS GT10

dbreslauer

tonight i am playing with a gt10 as a usb recording interface for garageband.

in garageband, i see that it can be one or two separate mono inputs, or a stereo pair. garageband even detects it as a midi interface: i wonder if i can "record" system events for patch changes, etc.

and talk about "options" it's a geek's dream, blinking lights, knobs, buttons, etc.

gt10.jpg

here's a weak attempt at recording to garageband, with this as the stereo interface using the "stack lead" preset. my apologies in advance to mr. clapton: i just happened to be watching cream classic artists on netflix when the urge struck.. :)

outside woman blues:

http://homepage.mac.com/dbreslauer/djb/outsidewomanblues.mp3

anyone care to lay a solo? [biggrin]

(now i am gonna play with some multi-tracking... i sense a late night.)

enjoy!

Don

The GT-10 is a F***in' MONSTER.........I love mine........

Yes, I'd love to lay down a solo, but I'm not up to speed on the techniques...........I'm a member of a forum for singer / songwriters, and it's common place to record on other folk's recordings...

I have SO MUCH to blippin' learn........I'm working on recordings of my own en-masse......SLOWLY......a total of 60+ songs.........And I am lining up players and guests to join in...

This is so different from my old recording days of recording studios with 32 tracks on TAPE..........I feel like a dinosaur....

Your playing sounds really great.......................Great thread / post Don...........

This is so different from my old recording days of recording studios with 32 tracks on TAPE..........I feel like a dinosaur....

i know how you feel! i'm imagining having this thing oh ~15 years ago... lol

i can't get over how little delay (latency) there is playing into this thing. i've learned to be accustomed to some with other interfaces: i don't sense any.

playing around, i just layed down another track with just the upper harmony guitar part to the riff after each line in the verse. i should have recorded that first part with a click track: would have been a whole lot easier to do! [biggrin]

oh well, practice practice.

there are a lot of built in preset patches. so much to learn...

thanks!

Don

• 2 weeks later...

here's a multitrack recording into garageband with my GT-10. my LP was used for the chords track, the cheesy bass line and the guitar solo. :)

this is the "Let It Be" guitar solo: i was inspired to try and learn it note for note and record it after seeing pictures of George with "Lucy."

... came close. ;)

and image of George and Lucy (with Gary Moore!), snagged from another board (love the color!):

7ae4ecd3.jpg

my version of the let it be guitar solo:

http://homepage.mac.com/dbreslauer/djb/LetItBeSolo.mp3

Let It Be Solo

the GT-10 is a killer recording interface: fun! if only i could record drums into the mac like this (without a sound engineer and a 16 track board.) [biggrin]

Don

Archived