Gibson Brands Forums

Dissapointing DVD Quality of Gibson's Learn and master guitar lessons

Joachim

Hi There,

Just purchased the Blues Gibson's Learn and master guitar lessons. I am excited about the content but extremely disappointed with the DVD quality, the image really sucks and does not even come close to a regular DVD quality. How is this possible? Are decent camera's and footage such a heavy investment? Why take a shortcut on the quality of the image?

Discussion with the service department were evenly dissapointing, they claim it is normal DVD quality. I would strongly recommend nobody to pruchase any Gibson's Learn and master guitar lessons untill they are produced in normal DVD quality. A missed opportunity for Gibson because the content of the lessons is good.

Does anyone has the same experience?

Greetz,

Joachim

I dont get it.

Does it look old? It could be a VHS converted in DVD...those always looked shity.

Yep they do always look shitty. like i ordered blackadder dvd boxset. For you non british people its a ledgendary comedy, one of the best featuring rowan atkinson before he did mr bean. anyway, back on topic, unfortunatly the dvd quality was dissapointing because it was converted fro vhs. luckily amazon were ok with me returning it :)

I actually have never seen a guitar lesson DVD that has great quality in terms of screen definition.

I currently have 12-string guitar techniques by Happy Traum that I check out at Nashville's Library and the video quality is not great but the lessons are.

Archived