Gibson Brands Forums

Niacin - Things Ain't Like They Used to Be

Searcy

Niacin is a Billy Sheehan project. It features him on bass John Novello on Hammond B3 and Dennis Chambers on drums. Most of their work is instrumental but for this scorcher they added in Glenn Hughes as vocalist and Steve Lukather on lead guitar.

Wooof..

I see, I've never been over there, only close.

Yikes, I bet that River got insane during the flood, I volunteered at the Harpeth River by Pegram and it was mind blowing how much water it carried.

I am on the south side of Nashville,

Sorry to hear that, I hope you are getting back on your feet again.

When we got to the Harpeth banks looking for that guy that died we ran into some crazy stuff.

- A huge bundle of wood for building, still bundled but on top of a huge tree that had fallen, I am talking 12" x 16' beams.

- Garden chairs stuck on trees at about 15' from the ground, this was like 50' away from the normal river shore,

- I found a larger U-Haul trailer on top of a 20' pile of driftwood,

Just crazy.

Great sounding clip - thanks for sharing I hadn't heard them.

Sorry to hear that flood almost ate everything you own always hard to deal with. Unless you have faced a real flood it's hard to imagine how much power and devastation they can bring.

The only thing more amazing is how people can be so stupid in the face of that much power. We had some real major flooding here in Phoenix (East side)probably late 79-80 get's hard to remember but I was a rookie cop and they stuck me at a intersection that was 1 1/2 miles from where the river typically ran and there was water running within 10 feet of my car. These people had been driving these same roads for years and should have know the water at that point was somewhere in the 30-40 foot deep range and people actually tried to go around the barricades and drive through it, and not just one person but dozens a day. Only one guy actually ran the barricade and tried to cross even through flares and wooden barricades they finally found the car three days later with the man his wife and a young child still inside. Arizona got so bad they created a law that everyone calls the stupid motorist laws where you can be held financially accountable for all rescue costs.

You get the opposite too though, really great people that stay calm in rough situations and can really cope. I learned that one in a strange way I had been working about three days pretty much around the clock so I was getting pretty sleep deprivation stupid when I got a call from a elderly lady that took me inside her kitchen and opened a closet showing me the floor was soaking wet with standing water, I looked at it and then turned and kind of crossly told her a little water on the floor isn't a reason to call the police during an emergency!

She nodded and said I understand officer but that's not my pantry that's my basement. I just looked at her for a moment and said ok that's a little different and she nodded and calmly said, yep and I think my husband might be down there. That got even my tired butt moving and we did get him out, he had a pretty good air pocket since it was a multi room basement thank goodness so he came swimming out on his own once we got a rescue light set up he was fine, just couldn't figure out where he was until the lights got set-up. We had just about gotten our gear set up to go in, and out he popped saying " thanks for the lights it got really confusing down there especially with all the furniture floating around. He looked up meekly and said but I couldn't get our dog out he's still in the first bedroom on the top shelf in the closet. He might be alright though there's only about five feet of water in that room.

And yeah we got the dog out...

Well, I didn't lose everything. We had about 2 feet of water in the house. The means your floors are all coming out. Drywall and insulation all have to come out. All furniture. Many amps, stomp boxes, computers, clothes, shoes, books, and countless other things I can't recall. most of my good guitars and basses were hanging on the all to they didn't get wet.

We're about half finished with the rebuild. Most of our stuff that survived is still in storage but we're getting buy. I'm sanding some drywall today in fact.

SSPX0147.jpg

SSPX0152.jpg

SSPX0165.jpg

Archived