Gibson Brands Forums

All Access Amp Pack

jmassey92

The Les Paul Standard in these packs is the same as the regular Les Paul Standard, so yes it is a good quality guitar.

If you're just starting out, I guess the All Access pack is an OK deal since it has everything you need to get started.

There are better amps for $99.00 for the amp alone, but if you don't have a strap, headphones, or a tuner, all of those things together will definitely cost more than the pack.

One thing I will say - I never transport a guitar with an angled headstock in a gigbag. It is a recipe for disaster. Even if you don't upgrade anything else right away, I would recommend a good hard case. The Epiphone Les Paul cases are very nice for the money.

Hmmmm .... well, to set the tone of my post, here, I ordered one of these "packs" from MF a few years back to get back into electric (been playing for decades, started out on electric only, eventually went acoustic and got rid of my old electric stuff - which, knowing what I know now, should have kept - and decided this would be a first affordable step back into electrics. To be honest, the strap is usable (not particularly comfortable for a heavy guit such as the LP..... I use it with my acoustic anymore)), the thin cable, the tuner, and the headphones are basically disposable, and the amp is, well..... it's better than nothing, I guess. The best thing about this deal for me was that MF screwed up and sent me the whole shebang with a LP Std +top, even though I had ordered the plain..... so I got a brand new +top for $499, with the extras being what they are. I still use the amp when I want "clean" and don't need a lot of volume (or want to plug headphones in). For a "starter set," it's OK, I guess. I just got very lucky, beings as MF's screwup hooked me up with a $549 guitar for $499.... along with the other stuff.

Chances are one will want to upgrade from the value pack, but hey, ya gots to start somewhere, and upgrading is a disease, whether buying bigger/better/more, or modding stuff you have. It's all good :)

I remember that thread when you got your Plus Top!

Based on what RSDx is saying as an owner of the pack, I think you might want to consider doing your own "pack."

Do you have an Epiphone retailer nearby? You could go check out a few amps (the Fender Mustang I is pretty nice for $99) and see what you like and then see if your retailer will shoot you a deal on everything you need. If you buy a guitar and amp you might be able to get them to throw in some of the accessories such as a strap, tuner, and cable as part of the deal.

I remember that thread when you got your Plus Top!

Based on what RSDx is saying as an owner of the pack, I think you might want to consider doing your own "pack."

Do you have an Epiphone retailer nearby? You could go check out a few amps (the Fender Mustang I is pretty nice for $99) and see what you like and then see if your retailer will shoot you a deal on everything you need. If you buy a guitar and amp you might be able to get them to throw in some of the accessories such as a strap, tuner, and cable as part of the deal.

Good advice above, and welcome to the forum...

Archived