Gibson Brands Forums

12 fret Southern Jumbo

Acousticologist

well, if it's the one i'm thinking of then i am biased. i helped design it! LOL last year our rep came into the store i work at. we designed a 12 fret SJ with some other stuff. they turned out quite well. it isn't a TV, and it isn't for everyone. a VERY cool guitar though IMHO. do a quick search (or look through my posts) and you will find the thread on this model. plenty of info there.

Here's mine. I love the 12 fret set up with the narrower nut. All my other 12 fret guitars have much wider nut widths. Very comfortable to play and you get that deeper tone that 12 fret guitars have. Just a great looking guitar , too. Nice work Modac 333!

12fretSJ.jpg

Here's mine. I love the 12 fret set up with the narrower nut. All my other 12 fret guitars have much wider nut widths. Very comfortable to play and you get that deeper tone that 12 fret guitars have. Just a great looking guitar , too. Nice work Modac 333!

12fretSJ.jpg

I was just about to buy one, but at the last minute I was told that the neck was slightly deeper than the standard J 45. so decided it wasn't for me...

Having been a small Martin neck kinda guy, I thought id be uncomfortable...

What do you reckon? How does the neck feel?

I was just about to buy one, but at the last minute I was told that the neck was slightly deeper than the standard J 45. so decided it wasn't for me...

Having been a small Martin neck kinda guy, I thought id be uncomfortable...

What do you reckon? How does the neck feel?

Feels great. Very comfortable.

Archived