Gibson Brands Forums

My new guitar is almost here.

Steven Tari

I was just informed after over 4 months that my new guitar will be here Monday. It's from LAG, a guitar that was started in France and started selling (By KORG ) in the United States last Jan. of 2010. So there aren't that many in the U.S. yet. The top is carved Redwood And the back and sides mahogany. The new Pick up and Electronics in the guitar when I sampled the 5 way system that they have. If you want to see it go to LAGS web sight and check it out. It's supposed to be better then the epiphone accoustic/electric set up which I have two of. Here's a look at what I'm getting. Tell me what you think, and after some playing I'll tell you what I think. Their just getting them in certin store's around the U.S. so look it up if you want to put one in your hand and play it. It will be my only guitar outside the GIBSON family.

Damn, my posts are just not going through.

Anyway Steve I am very impressed with the video demostration of the electronics, simple efficient concept.

Beautiful guitar, cool no-pin bridge which has a cool shape too, cool rossette and satin finish, great electronics with a tuner (that will save you hours on a 12- string)

The 6-string in the video is quite cool too. Different body shape.

$800 MSRP? what is retail?

Dang, congratulations, looks like you are going to have fun with this guitar.

I bought it just before Christmas last year. It was 500.00, Plus another 115.00 for a hard case. So I still got it cheaper then the 800.00. I'm a member of the KORG forum for my Keyboards and recording equipment, So I saw when they announced the guitars being sold, but at the time I was waiting for my ES-339 .When my 12 string got broken and I found out that I had to buy a new one. I decided to go a different way on the woods after checking out a KOA guitar. I've done some reading up on the different woods and what they do to the sounds of the guitars so I thought I'd go Redwood instead of Spruce this time. I wish I could get a KOA guitar. Maybe in the future. [thumbup]

Archived