Gibson Brands Forums

feedback...

2lambchops

i've been playing for a long while and i have never been able to get that "musical feedback" with any of my guitars. now, i have all combo amps and use s.d. aph-1n and 1b pups in my l.p.. all my amps are capable of low and high gain(especialy my tube amps). i'm looking for the type of feedback like Mick Taylor got with John Mayall(crusade album). do i need to use non-wax potted pups or maybe elevate the amps. any "feedback" will be apriciated.

thanks for the info. my guitar has plenty of resonance it's a l.p. and i can get as close to the speakers as i wish. just was curious if i had been doing something wrong all these years. i thought all the wax in the pups was retarding the ability to feedback on command. i'll keep experimenting and hopefuly find a way that works for me.

thanks for the info. my guitar has plenty of resonance it's a l.p. and i can get as close to the speakers as i wish. just was curious if i had been doing something wrong all these years. i thought all the wax in the pups was retarding the ability to feedback on command. i'll keep experimenting and hopefuly find a way that works for me.

just play louder msp_biggrin.gif

wax potting only stops bad (microphonic) feedback.....if you sustain a strongly picked note right in front of a really cranked valve amp, you should gradually shift from the sustained note into musical feedback quite naturally...if you don't, turn up the amp..........then turn it up again...

louder amp = mad wife. fun fun fun. no..realy she doesn't care. maybe i'll try to angle the amp upwards a bit and push it a little harder. i guess when your at home you don't have the full ability to crank amps like at a gig. back in the day those guys had to crank amps to project to an audience. they had the benefit of massive gain and standing near their amps.

What they said.

Turn your ****ing amp up and position the guitar facing the speakers (pickups perpendicular to the speaker). Keep the gain low or you'll have boring, one note feedback.

Archived