Gibson Brands Forums

NGD Epiphone Dot-Update

RichardLe

Installed the TonePros Bridge, Gotoh Aluminum Tailpiece, CTS Mini-Tone pots and Volumes, Switchcraft Jack and 3 way switch Vintage Gibson Wiring with Mojotone Capacitors, new Graphtech nut, Gibson 57 Classic in the Neck and Golden Age Parsons Street Humbucker in the Bridge...

Some 11 Gauge Chrome D'addarios, thick picks, fingertips, my Line 6 Dialed in for clean with an Eminence Red White and Blues NOS speaker I had lying around, a touch of reverb, a touch of compression(the most important part to get it /just/ right I found out), and one lesson under my belt from a Berklee Jazz guitar grad and I am in jazz guitar heaven for less than a grand! [love]

I'm only 5' 5" or 5' 6" on a good day without segovia hands so a lot of the big jazz boxes dont suit me very comfortably so this will take me up until I get a custom box made "just for me". In the meantime I made this one just for myself! :lol:

Without the pickguard...because I like living dangerously.

dscn1873m.jpg

dscn1876.jpg

Installed the TonePros Bridge, Gotoh Aluminum Tailpiece, CTS Mini-Tone pots and Volumes, Switchcraft Jack and 3 way switch Vintage Gibson Wiring with Mojotone Capacitors, new Graphtech nut, Gibson 57 Classic in the Neck and Golden Age Parsons Street Humbucker in the Bridge...

Some 11 Gauge Chrome D'addarios, thick picks, fingertips, my Line 6 Dialed in for clean with an Eminence Red White and Blues NOS speaker I had lying around, a touch of reverb, a touch of compression(the most important part to get it /just/ right I found out), and one lesson under my belt from a Berklee Jazz guitar grad and I am in jazz guitar heaven for less than a grand! [love]

I'm only 5' 5" or 5' 6" on a good day without segovia hands so a lot of the big jazz boxes dont suit me very comfortably so this will take me up until I get a custom box made "just for me". In the meantime I made this one just for myself! :lol:

Without the pickguard...because I like living dangerously.

It's like dejavu all over again, there's another guy who has done almost identical mods to a dot as you've done just posted yesterday, http://forum.gibson.com/index.php?/topic/66375-epiphone-dot-project-pics/

Wonderfull looking guitar Rich, and some well chosen upgrades, I've gone hollow/semi-hollow crazy the last 6 months, yours is a wonderful example, grats mate.

BTW, love your attitude to danger.

Archived