Gibson Brands Forums

New G-400 Vintage

JamGuy

Hi all, new to the Gibson/Epi forum...long time member over at the Fender Forum. Anyhow, just ordered a new "used" Epi G-400 Vintage yesterday...in faded brown, don't tell the Fender fellas! It was such a good deal that I couldn't resist. I've always loved SG's... I'm really hoping it works out, buying an instrument on-line can be a crap shoot but in the past I've done well with it. The idea was to eventually change the pickups out with Seymour Duncan P-Rails but I'm planning on leaving it stock for a while...who knows, if I really like it I'll just keep it as is. Well, just thought I'd say hello and share the news. Cheers.

Hey congrats new guitar! I just bought one of these with the intent on modding it. I am doing a complete electronics upgrade on Sunday. Bought Seymour DUncan Jazz for the neck and JB for the bridge.

Here is a pretty detailed 2 page thread about my new guitar:

http://www.mylespaul.com/forums/epiphone-les-pauls/134477-epiphone-worn-g-400-vintage-thoughts-reviews-experience.html

congats on the new guitar [biggrin] . I will be particularly interested in the Prails mod if choose to go ahead and do it, I have been gassing for a set to try out in my Epi spotlight. Sure wouldn't hurt to hear a few reviews on them.

Welcome to the forum.

P.S. Can you tell all the guys over at the Fender forums that strat volume knobs are situated in the wrong place! [flapper]

Archived