Gibson Brands Forums

Pretty minor buzzing noise question.

Blackflag

So I've had a 339 for a while. Love it, of course. But once in a while it makes a buzzing noise when it's strummed hard. When amplified, you can't tell.

But what the hell is it? I've never had a Nashville bridge before. Is that it? It seems like it's something else. Seems like I should be able to fix this.

[confused]

The little wire just holds the saddles in place when you take the strings off. You could get one of the new no-wire ABR's, at quite a bit of money, but a lot of people just bend it some to put more pressure on it and stop it from making a buzz or a lot of us just take it off. If you take it off, the saddle may come out of the bridge when you remove the string. Just pop the saddle back in and put a new string on it to hold it in place. Glad you found the buzz. I chased a small buzz for a while before replacing one saddle and screw to make it stop.

I take mime off every time... just have to make sure I don't loose the screw/saddle during string changes or string breakage.

After intonation I just dab a small silicon seal under the screw...just in case a string breaks on stage.

Archived