Gibson Brands Forums

Best axe for Punk Rock

Rokkstar 2210

If its "just" for punk, have you considered an Epi instead?

You are unlikely to notice the musical difference (and you can always replace the pups) but guaranteed to notice the the extra cash that is left in your pocket.

totally agree with you Geff..but I do have a few pointers about Epis

Our band's lead vocalist(I do backing) has 4 guitars..3 are Gibsons (335,339,LP Trad) and a 2007 Epi LP Standard.

The fact is that while he has modded it a lot, he still says it was a bad buy (It's Chinese...maybe that's why)

Initially it didn't stay in tune, the pickup switch wasn't working for the neck humbucker, weak sounding pickups...and all in all with all the mods (Locking tuners, new pickup switch, new pickups and pots) he ended up paying a lot more than he had bargained for. :(

I know the Epi LP Custom is supposed to be good..but after buying his Gibsons...he hasn't stopped smiling.

Hence the motto...ONLY A GIBSON IS GOOD ENOUGH

and that's why I'm not seriously considering Epis (well...maaayyybee the Custom :rolleyes: )

• 3 weeks later...

You have a funny idea about punk music if you want people to tell you what to do. Go play tons of guitars and get what you like the best. Be your own man for god's sake. Best of luck.

Done already mate!! I'm saving up to buy me a 339!! [thumbup]

..........OR a Trad (Ok now I'm stuck again..MOM!!! [flapper] )

Archived