Gibson Brands Forums

Fishman Aura Spectrum DI

hsech

... Any opinions on the Fishman Aura Spectrum DI? ...

It doesn't get any better than an Aura with the right image -- ideally, a custom image for your specific guitar -- loaded.

-- Bob R

It doesn't get any better than an Aura with the right image -- ideally, a custom image for your specific guitar -- loaded.

-- Bob R

It has 5 or 6 images built in for a Jumbo with Spruce on Maple that sound pretty good. I haven't tried it yet with my classical with cedar on rosewood.

It has 5 or 6 images built in for a Jumbo with Spruce on Maple that sound pretty good. I haven't tried it yet with my classical with cedar on rosewood.

It looks like the current image library has images generated from three J-200s (each with a variety of mics). If you're lucky enough that one of those three guitars sounds a lot like your SJ-200 Custom Elite, you should get great results.

-- Bob R

The Aura spectrum is my main tool when playing out. I use it with all my guitars, biggest advantage I find is that it take out the piezo quack and provides a smooth, representative tone of the guitar.

Download the J-200 images with different mikes and pick the one you like. I did that with my SJ and SWD and been very happy with the tone.

You can also improvise a little. For example there isnt a Furch image but I downloaded the Martin 18v OM image which is a very similar guitar to the Furch and the image works very well for this guitar.

Archived