Gibson Brands Forums

Guitar Effects

ne14t?

I think the BOSS GT-10 is probably a little more in depth from what I got from the guy I was talking to, its really funny how some random musician in the store sold me on the product after talking to him. I am not sure how it will turn out but it wasnt that much and it was surprise unexpected money so I had to throw down, even if it doesnt work its way into my permanent rotation it provides a easier way for me to hook up to my computer and will probably work easier with Live 8.

Resale value can be FUZZY......Some pedals do DECAY in value, some don't....Example, old Big Muffs don't die, they may get a bit fuzzier...[crying] ..

If you find a good pedal used, don't DELAY, get it !!!!! The CHORUS has spoken..........:unsure: [sneaky] ....

[biggrin]

My '67 Vox Clyde McCoy Wah that cost around $75 new is now worth about $1000 and my '70 Big Muff Pi is worth about $300.All of my vintage pedals are worth quite a bit more than they were new. I don't know if many of the current pedals will appreciate much except for pedals like the Roger Mayer,Teese and other low volume numbers and boutique pedals which may grow in value down the road.

My '67 Vox Clyde McCoy Wah that cost around $75 new is now worth about $1000 and my '70 Big Muff Pi is worth about $300.All of my vintage pedals are worth quite a bit more than they were new. I don't know if many of the current pedals will appreciate much except for pedals like the Roger Mayer,Teese and other low volume numbers and boutique pedals which may grow in value down the road.

Big Muff Pi is one of the setting in the POD XT, I Love it!

Good Gosh [scared] ...some folks (the buyers of such) have more money, than sense, apparently? LOL

I was told, recently, that my old 60's Vox Tone Bender is worth "a Lot of Money, these days!" Amazing!!

CB

Yeah vintage pedals appreciate in value because of the old style transistors and stuff they would have used, more Analog, sound less like Ones and Zeros! Another vintage pedal of the like is the Ampeg Scrambler, wicked fuzz/distortion pedal and only something like 2000ish were ever made. Factor in at least 50% of those dying from having beer spilled on them, hehehe.

Yeah vintage pedals appreciate in value because of the old style transistors and stuff they would have used, more Analog, sound less like Ones and Zeros! Another vintage pedal of the like is the Ampeg Scrambler, wicked fuzz/distortion pedal and only something like 2000ish were ever made. Factor in at least 50% of those dying from having beer spilled on them, hehehe.

So, you can't get those kinds of transistors, anymore? Or, do the manufacturers just not bother,

save (maybe) the boutique makers? I know very little, about electronics,

when it comes to such things. LOL ;>b I just know, if they work, or not. :>)

CB

So, you can't get those kinds of transistors, anymore? Or, do the manufacturers just not bother,

save (maybe) the boutique makers? I know very little, about electronics,

when it comes to such things. LOL ;>b I just know, if they work, or not. :>)

CB

The parts are harder to come by and cost more to purcahse making them less profitable, as newer transistors and integrated circuits are made they will generally be lower voltage or something in comparison to previous models, so if a new transistor can replace say 5 older models they will superceed each one to the new number. And in my opinion electronics are like wine, every years a new batch is made which is better then the last, but the creme of the crop is the old vintage stuff as its mostly all analog kinda like the tube amp vs solid state thing. Only the boutique pedal makers will really care about this stuff and thats were you pay the big bucks. After looking at schematics for some of the Pedals like the Ampeg Scambler and stuff I think I might play around with making some, I used to make Megasquirt ECU's for cars so I think this is a bit easier.

The biggest used pedal rip-offs I feel the Line 6 DL4 and MM4. When those two pedals are used regularly they seem to only work for as long as their warranty is covering them. I've been through 5 of them in 6 years - (2)MM4's and (3)DL4's. Maybe it's just my luck with the DL4 but i've read enough from other owners to safely say that i'm not alone. Those are two pedals I would never buy used, and when buying new ALWAYS by the extended warranty.

Archived