Gibson Brands Forums

Robot newbie...

MarkHolbrook

Hi all...

Last thing I want to do is blow up my $2K+ guitar.

The manual is not at all clear on how to charge the guitar. I got a wall adapter and a brick which accepts the plug from the wall adapter, has a red/yellow LED on top of it and then it has a 1/4 plug like a guitar cord plug.

The manual says you don't need to take the back off the guitar to charge... so what do I do? Do I plug my regular guitar cord between the brick and the guitar?

Sorry to be so clueless... Just don't want to make a mistake!

Mark

You're welcome. :^o Glad to provide a link to your much needed manual.

I am really surprised to hear that. My '07 Standard came with the full manual, including the Robot portion... I thought that silly at the time, but not nearly so silly as NOT including the full Robot portion with a Robot.

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I bought one from Korea , and after I took it back to Taiwan I found there is no power supply but only a charger. There is no information about the power input on the charger, I have to no idea what power supply I should try. The outlet on the charger looks like the normal one on guitar effector, so I guess it should be DC 9V with 500mA. Am I right ??? I mail to service@gibson.com but get no reply.

My robot guitar is runing out of battery..... god.... please help me to confirm the specification of power input fot charger. :P

welcome to the forum, skidrow, and good luck....

I don't know how Taiwan outlets differ from the North American ones, all I know is that they do indeed differ. DV 9V at 500 mA sounds right to me, but check with gibson first. Try looking at the pdf manual Chanman posted, it may have info.

Good luck and welcome!

Archived