Gibson Brands Forums

GENESIS NGD---VERY DISAPPOINTED!

musicmaker99

Say whaaat? Where is this?

LOL....I knew SOMEBODY would wonder about that!

It was a repaired headstock model. A customer knocked it over at GC, nice clean break, the luthier repaired it (I just happened to have stopped in to talk to him and he was right in the middle of the repair--- a few days later I'm playing guitar and one of the salesmen comes down the aisle saying: "Hey, Mike look what we got". I saw the $399 price tag and just assumed it was an Epi. He handed it to me and says: "P-90's dude"....cause they know I dig P-90's. So, I play it and it's really nice, I mean REALLY nice. Then I see the headstock and the Gibson logo and I freakout! "A gibby tribute for $399? WTF?" It's the one with the busted headstock", he says. I snatched her up[ in a millisecond.

So, now I have a real gibby that I can feel good about playing the crap out of cause it didn't cost me an arm and a leg (these tributes are inexpensive anyway but I paid less than half).

Anyway, it's stuff like that-that I appreciate and keeps me a very happy camper at GC.

LOL....I knew SOMEBODY would wonder about that!

It was a repaired headstock model. A customer knocked it over at GC, nice clean break, the luthier repaired it (I just happened to have stopped in to talk to him and he was right in the middle of the repair--- a few days later I'm playing guitar and one of the salesmen comes down the aisle saying: "Hey, Mike look what we got". I saw the $399 price tag and just assumed it was an Epi. He handed it to me and says: "P-90's dude"....cause they know I dig P-90's. So, I play it and it's really nice, I mean REALLY nice. Then I see the headstock and the Gibson logo and I freakout! "A gibby tribute for $399? WTF?" It's the one with the busted headstock", he says. I snatched her up[ in a millisecond.

So, now I have a real gibby that I can feel good about playing the crap out of cause it didn't cost me an arm and a leg (these tributes are inexpensive anyway but I paid less than half).

Anyway, it's stuff like that-that I appreciate and keeps me a very happy camper at GC.

Wow. Good deal. I've been itching to buy the SG Tribute myself. Trying to pay my amp off first. You sure do buy a lot of guitars.

Wow. Good deal. I've been itching to buy the SG Tribute myself. Trying to pay my amp off first. You sure do buy a lot of guitars.

I just played the SG Trib about an hour ago....very sweet.

It's really nice to see Gibson releasing quite a few models under $1,000. Next on my list is a Melody Maker. Saw a used one on Ebay the other day go for $285.

I have chronic GAS. It's definitely a problem that I hope never goes away..[thumbup]

Archived