Gibson Brands Forums

pre-show jitters

MojoRedFoot

I've played over 100 gigs. My advice is: DON'T DRINK BEFORE THE GIG....... IT DOESN'T HELP. STAY AWAY FROM THINGS YOU CAN TRIP OVER ON STAGE. TAKE EXTRA STRINGS. IF YOU HAVE A TUBE AMP, TAKE A BACKUP SOLID STATE AMP. TAKE AN EXTRA FUSE FOR THE PA. USE STRAP LOCKS.

I've played over 100 gigs. My advice is: DON'T DRINK BEFORE THE GIG....... IT DOESN'T HELP. STAY AWAY FROM THINGS YOU CAN TRIP OVER ON STAGE. TAKE EXTRA STRINGS. IF YOU HAVE A TUBE AMP, TAKE A BACKUP SOLID STATE AMP. TAKE AN EXTRA FUSE FOR THE PA. USE STRAP LOCKS.

Oh yeah, I drank water the whole night. Strap plocks on the KH2 but the buttons on my PGM are really big. We taped down the mic cables and walk carefully over guitar cables. Back up amp was in my car. Extra strings I had but no extra fuse for PA.

You forgot clean underwear in case you have an accident on stage. Mingling at the bar after your set with soiled shorts is no fun.

Hsech...

Ogden Iowa? Sheesh. I thought nowadays it was considered part of the Des Moines/Ames urban complex along with the rest of Boone County. <chortle>

But you're still young. I remember tales of how some of the older cars hadda go backwards up the Boone Hill on good old bloody 30 'cuz the gravity feed fuel tanks didn't work going up something that steep.

m

Hsech...

Ogden Iowa? Sheesh. I thought nowadays it was considered part of the Des Moines/Ames urban complex along with the rest of Boone County. <chortle>

But you're still young. I remember tales of how some of the older cars hadda go backwards up the Boone Hill on good old bloody 30 'cuz the gravity feed fuel tanks didn't work going up something that steep.

m

I'm originally from the Gulf Coast of Texas. My wife is the one from Ogden. We moved here 4 years ago. It was her turn to be close to her family.

Hsech...

My little sis and her kids and grandkids are on the Texas Gulf Coast. I've relatives over in Carrol County. In fact, some relatives were early settlers there when it was "out west." <grin>

Boone County is nice country, especially down by the river, albeit a bit sticky in the summer.

Well... your wife's too young to remember tales of the old Boone Hill.

m

Archived